We all have dreams and aspirations. We all want to be successful. We all want to be happy.
But not everyone has their dreams come true.
Not everyone is successful.
Not everyone is happy.
What is it that you want in life? What one thing comes to your mind?
- Better health/ mental health
- Better marriage
- Finances to pay your bills
- Own your own business
Imagine for a moment - what if that dream came true? How would it change your life?
What's keeping you from truly living the life you want?
Fear, anxiety, depression?
5 Steps to Help You Achieve What You Truly Want in Life
Overcoming the mental barriers that will help you achieve what you desire.
Two paths: Lead to possibilities or lead to never will be.
5 ways to overcome your mental barriers:
1. Know your purpose - Clearly define your goal
If you don't have a clear and concise goal you won't know if you ever reach it. You have to know exactly what it is that you want. It will be a whole lot easier to give up on your dreams if you don't have a clear goal of what you want.
2. Know your goal: Focus on your goal, not your obstacles: What's your end game?
Always keep your goal front and center everyday. Create a mission statement that will inspire and motivate you to keep moving forward.
3. Know your direction - Write out your plan on how you will achieve your goal. What's your direction. How will you get there?
It's one thing to have a great idea, but it's another to have a direction. Writing down your plan will help you have a clear direction to where your heading.
Rememember, ideas inspire, but a plan transpires. Ideas are just ideas until you put them into action.
4. Know your enemy - Define exactly what it is that you want to overcome. What exactly is it that keeping you from fulfilling your dream?
What are the barriers or obstacles that are getting in the way of your success?
5. Know yourself - make a list of your weaknesses. Don't dwell on them, simply recognize them.
Your personality, your mental barriers, your physical limitations, your tendencies that may potentially interfere with your goal.
My example: (Starting My Podcast Show)
1. Know your purpose: I wanted to help as many people as I can to feel better about life.
2. Know your goal: My goal was to start a podcast.
3. Know your direction: I wrote down my direction. Researched how to launch a podcast. Studied, figured out what was needed to start, etc.
4. Know your enemy: self-doubt
5. Know yourself: I tend to have too many ideas in my head at the same time. Blog, products, growing my fan base, podcast, etc.
Result: I have achieved my initial goal. To start a podcast helping people feel better about life. Now, I see small victories and that keeps me motivated.
- Don't get caught up on having unrealistic goals. It will only get you down if you set too high of a goal and then not being able to achieve it.
- Focus on one thing at a time. Don't try to do five different things at a time, it will only distract you and get you off course.
- Rejoice over small victories. Do a mini dance to celebrate.
- Don't dwell on the negative.
- Start. There comes a time when you need to stop dreaming and just start.
- It doesn't have to be perfect. You can be your worst enemy here.
- People are gracious and don't expect perfection.
What's keeping you from reaching your dreams? Start working on these steps and you'll be well on your way.
Here's my free gift to you: