Find out Why Men Have a Hard Time Seeing a Therapist
Men, you have a hard time admitting you need help, right? Even when it comes to asking for directions.
I get it. I have a hard time asking for directions too, but as a man and a therapist I want to encourage you to at least consider talking to a therapist.
In this episode I talk about the 10 reasons why men refuse to seek help.
10 Reasons Why Men Refuse to Seek Therapy:
- Shame. He might appear weak.
- Downplay. He thinks his problem really isn't that big of a deal.
- Private. He doesn't want anyone to know his problems.
- Defiance. He doesn't want anyone to tell him he's wrong.
- Narcissistic. He thinks he is better than others.
- Avoidance. He doesn't want to dig up the past.
- Embarrassment. He's concerned about what others will think.
- Toughness. He has been told all their life that "boys don't cry". He doesn't want to revel weakness.
- Martyrdom. He feels like he deserves what happened to him.
- Guilt. He thinks it was his fault in the first place.
To find learn more about emotionally healthy living visit www.johncordray.com.
Find John on Twitter: @JohnPCordray